I offer professional Chinese art backing and mounting services. To have a Chinese painting or calligraphy on rice paper mounted onto a wall scroll or mounted with brocade borders (ready to be framed), please contact me for a quote. My studio in China can mount your brush painting, calligraphy or other artworks created on rice paper onto a traditional wall scroll or mounted with or without brocade borders, so you may frame it later. Mounting services will vary in price according to the size and type of painting or calligraphy you want me to mount and the type of scroll will be creating. Below are the backing and mounting services currently offered:
1) Traditional Scrolls: your artwork will be mounted onto a Chinese scroll. Either vertical or horizontal display - could be hung on the wall directly.
2) Ready for framing - with or without brocade borders. If you want to preserve the Chinese painting or calligraphy for a lifetime in the best possible condition, we would suggest framing your artwork. We would mount your artwork, and you may frame it later.
The Chinese word for "mounting" means to paste the calligraphy artwork to another piece of paper. It does not necessarily mean being mounted to the wall or into a frame.
Chinese Painting / Calligraphy Backing and Mounting Process
1) Please contact me first for a quote. After I determine the size and type of artwork, and the the service you want I will provide you with a quote for mounting your painting or calligraphy.
2) I will provide you with the address in UK, where you will ship your Chinese painting or calligraphy.
3) Please allow approx. 6 to 8 weeks for the mounting service. Express service available with an extra fee.
4) Your finished artwork will be carefully packaged and shipped to you via Parcel force, International Airmail or other International Express courier.
See below for clips of Chi Zhang join Sky TV Landscape Artist of the Year 2015.
See below for a short introduction to calligraphy from Chi Zhang the Institute’s tutor.
See below for demonstration of Chinese calligraphy by Chi Zhang.Chinese calligraphy 'fu' means 'good fortune' in five styles...